Distillation takes advantage of the difference in boiling points of ethanol, water and other constituents formed in the fermentation section to achieve the desired purity levels, depending on the application. Praj has set benchmarks in the industry with its unique and energy efficient distillation systems.
EcoSmart TechnologyOur high efficiency tower internals enable effective separation of impurities. To ensure desired quality of ethanol, factors such as impure spirit cuts, reflux ratio and congener profile are rigorously studied on simulation package for optimization. This analysis leads to constant improvement in systems for superior quality. EcoSmartdistillation technology is based on integration of distillation and dehydration sections. Distillation columns have been configured to secure the benefits of integration along with flexibility to produce different grades and concentration of ethanol as per the market demand.
- Thermal energy similar to split distillation
- Suitable for molasses & grain based ethanol plant
- Ethanol titer in mash 8-15% v/v
- Increase in profitability due to reduced water and energy consumption
- Modernization opportunity to expand plant capacity by 25-30%
- Proven technology with fleximode options – fed batch, continuous and Combiferm
- High fermentation efficiency with maximum yields
- Higher alcohol concentration in mash upto 15% v/v
- Allows maximum stillage recycle (upto 60% for sugar syrup) reducing substantial water usage and less stillage volume for final treatment
- Option to tap CO2 for processing to food grade quality