Distillation takes advantage of the difference in boiling points of ethanol, water and other constituents formed in the fermentation section to achieve the desired purity levels, depending on the application. Praj has set benchmarks in the industry with its unique and energy efficient distillation systems.
Our high efficiency tower internals enable effective separation of impurities. To ensure desired quality of ethanol, factors such as impure spirit cuts, reflux ratio and congener profile are rigorously studied on simulation package for optimization. This analysis leads to constant improvement in systems for superior quality.
EcoSmartdistillation technology is based on integration of distillation and dehydration sections.
have been configured to secure the benefits of integration along with flexibility to produce different grades and concentration of ethanol as per the market demand.
- Thermal energy similar to split distillation
- Suitable for molasses & grain based ethanol plant
- Ethanol titer in mash 8-15% v/v
- Lower steam consumption as against evaporation integrated distillation
- Reduction in water footprint
- Suitable for retrofitting
- Lower CAPEX
- Increase in profitability due to reduced water and energy consumption
- Modernization opportunity to expand plant capacity by 25-30%
Mechanical Vapor Recompression (MVR) is a technology where vapour is compressed in a compressor or fan to a higher pressure & temperature. This compressed vapour is then used as a source of heat for distillation and evaporation instead of fresh steam. MVR system offers significant reduction in energy and water consumption.
Characterized by low energy consumption as a result of heat integration with evaporation and MSDH plant.
Employed for production of superfine or beverage grade/extra neutral alcohol.
Best suited where steam pressure is relatively high. Also characterized by further lower energy consumption.