As a first generation techno-entrepreneur, he founded Praj in 1983. He dreamt and developed Praj into a world-class engineering company specialized in Agri-processing opportunities.
With strong belief in principle of triple bottom-line, his business model is inherently scalable, replicable and sustainable. Praj fostered the emergence of advanced technologies in certain Bio-Energy and allied space. As India’s biggest Biofuel Technology company, Praj has in excess of 750 footprints in over 75 countries, across five continents.
Deeply passionate about Bio-economy and Environment, Pramod is committed to develop clean and green technologies. As a champion of the powerful premise that ‘Innovation and Entrepreneurship can change the world for better’, he has been a tireless crusader in propagating spirit of entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship.
Pramod is a ‘Distinguished Alumnus of IIT Bombay (1971)’ and an alumnus of Harvard Business School (AMP 1995).
He has been associated with many eminent organizations holding responsible positions from time to time. He is:
- President of Advisory Council of Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU)
- Member of the Board of Entrepreneurship Development Center at NCL, Pune
- Member of the Board of Governors of National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE)
- Founder Trustee of Pune International Center (PIC)
- Founder Member and President of Indian Federation of Green Energy (IFGE)
- Founder Member of Inter Institutional Inclusive Innovations Center (i4c)
- Member on the Advisory Boards of reputed academic institutes of Engineering, Technology and Management, strongly promoting Industry – Academia interaction, leading to Innovation and Entrepreneurship
In the recent past, he had held many leadership positions, some of which are :
- President of Maharatta Chamber of Commerce, Industries & Agriculture (MCCIA) Pune for 2016-18 (till Sept 2018)
- President of Science & Technology Innovation Park Pune during 2016-17; Chairman of CII National Committee on Bio-Energy / Biofuels / Renewable Energy from 2007-08 till 2016-17
Awards and Recognitions:
Some of the awards Pramod has received for entrepreneurship and excellence are –
- ‘Asia’s Greatest Leader 2018’ award by URS AsiaOne Magazine; Process reviewers PriceWaterhouseCoopers P.L.
- ‘ABP Majha Sanman Puraskaar 2018’ in Aug 2018
- The ‘Distinguished Alumnus Award’ and ‘Distinguished Service Award’ by IIT, Bombay.
- ‘BioSpectrum Leadership Award’ for his remarkable work in promoting the cause of Biofuels in the past three decades
- ‘Empresario Most Inspiring Entrepreneur Award’ by National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai
- ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ by Sugar Technologists’ Association of India
- ‘Maxell (Maharashtra Corporate Excellence) Life Time Achievement Award’ by Maxell Foundation, Mumbai
- ‘Life Time Achievement Award’ by Army Institute of Technology, Pune
- ‘National Level Entrepreneurship Award’ by Jagatik Marathi Chamber of Commerce.
- ‘Outstanding Contribution through Innovation Award’ by Chemtech Foundation for leading Praj into developing innovative technologies.
- ‘Arya Chanakya Maharashtra Rajya Udyojak Shreshtha Puraskar’ (for best practice of Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility) by MAEER’s MIT School of Government, Pune
- Voted amongst ‘Globally Top 100 People’ in BioEnergy space by Biofuels Digest, consecutively for three years.