BEER. A drink soaked in malted barley, hops and water. An art integrated with science to deliver varied flavors and drinking pleasure. The key to producing fine quality beer is production of high quality, clear wort from the most important process section– The Brewhouse!
Praj has an expertise in designing and delivering state-of-the-art brewhouse, capable of processing a variety of raw materials and batch sizes. Our brewhouse delivers wort quality matching the globally accepted standards of clarity, efficiency, extract yields and productivity with shorter brewing cycles.
Our mash kettle is specially designed to handle varying composition of malt and different mashing profiles.
- Equipped with robust dimple type heating jackets
- Unique agitator design ensures low shear stress on mash resulting in intimate mixing and homogeneity
- Variable frequency drive for agitator speed flexibility
- Linear temperature increase with uniform heat distribution
- Large diameter, slow speed bottom driven agitator
The final beer quality depends on the performance of lautertunand that's why we call it heart of the brewhouse.
Our lautertun is uniquely designed to achieve highest extract yield with different types of grist and adjuncts. The design provides higher filtration areas, greater wort concentration, optimum use of sparging water and higher bed loading. Robust automation enables definition of accurate set points and differential pressure logic to achieve perfect lautering speeds.
- Higher filtration area to ensure reduced cycle time
- Speed flexibility of the raking arm during mash intake, bed cutting and spent grain discharge
- Adjustable location of knives in horizontal plane with special profile and straight knives
- Cup type arrangement for uniformwort run-off across the lautering bed
- Flushing nozzles with built-in check valves and pop-up nozzles for thorough cleaning
- Special sparging system for gentle, even distribution with effective leaching of wort
- Air-free lauteringwith closed loop ring pipe wort collection system
- Trouble-free, mechanically operated latching and de-latching mechanism for spent grain removal
- High productivity (12 brews/day and more)
- High extract yields (practical yield at least equal or greater than the lab yield)
- Very bright worts with low solids content (<5ml/l)
- High extract yield resulting in decrease in specific malt consumption
- Acceptance of high proportion of adjuncts (upto100% with the use of exogenous enzymes)
Due to increased cost and varying quality of malt, mash filter has become a more viable &suitable option for the Indian brewing industry.
- Options of external and internal wort boiling (e-Comboiler)
- Variable speed control of wort circulation pump provides gentle handling and maintains the hot break together
- Special design fountain provides large surface for the removal of volatiles
- Lower heat flux and optimum heat transfer area for increased number of brews between cleaning
- Reduced energy consumption
- Add-on module of heat recovery system
- Improved utilization of hops
- Sloping bottom and inverted cone designfor efficient trub separation
- Tangential entry of wort at optimum velocity keepstrub particles intact
- Multiplewort outlets maintain the trub cone throughout cooling
- High flowrates decreasing at the end ofwort cooling ensure less disturbance to trub cone
- Automatic trub cleaning with reduced water consumption
- Large surface area due to tangential entry allows unwanted volatiles to escape
- Option of complete, automatic standalone wort aeration skid
- Easy installation and interconnection in the existing brewhouse
- Control based on the wort DO level