2nd Generation Ethanol
2nd generation ethanol differs from
1st generation ethanol
in terms of feedstock and subsequently, the production process. 2nd generation feedstocks include agri-residues like rice & wheat straw, cane trash, corn cobs & stover, cotton stalk, bagasse etc.
In India, these items are usually burnt for household cooking leading to pollution and do not fetch any considerable value to the farming community.
Second Generation (2G) differs from 1st generation ethanol in terms of feedstock and subsequently, the production process. Second Generation (2G) feed stocks include agri-residues like rice & wheat straw, cane trash, corn cobs & stover, cotton stalk, bagasse, Empty Fruit bunches (EFB), etc.
Our technology brings infinite possibilities to protect the environment and address energy challenges, confronting mankind… by making use of nature’s endless resources. That’s why we proudly call it….Enfinity.
From 1st generation to Second Generation (2G) ethanol technology, we thrive on challenges. We have over 750 references in 75 countries across the globe. Each of these plants carry our signature of technology innovation and integration, delivering lower water and energy footprint.
This knowledge helped us in developing the Second generation (2G) cellulosic ethanol technology “Enfinity”
Praj’s state of the art second generation ethanol pilot plant facility is operational since 2009. This facility has tested more than 450 MT of biomass such as corn cob, cane bagasse, corn Stover, Empty fruit bunches (EFB), Rice straw, etc. Rigorous testing and 8,00,000 man-hours of technology development efforts enabled us to scale the “Enfinity” to 1 Mln litres per annum capacity
PRAJ’s End–to-end 2G “Smart Bio refinery” solution based on “Enfinity” technology:
The Smart Bio refinery will process multiple feed stocks and shall produce multiple products like bio ethanol, bio butanol, bio chemicals, power, Bio CNG, CO2 etc.
- 2G Plant Drone View
- Delegates from Europe and South East Asian countries
- Dr Anil Kakodkar S Visit to 2G Plant
- Dr-Kyriakos-Maniatis-Directorate General for Energy EU at 2G plant
- Praj 2G Demo Plant
- Material Handling System
- Pre-treatment & Solid / Liquid Separation
- Hydrolysis and Co-fermentation
- Distillation Unit
- Waste Water treatment facility
Key technology Highlights:
- Capacity – 1 million litre per annum
- Capability to process multiple feedstock - corn cobs & stover, rice & wheat straw, cane trash, cane bagasse, cotton stalk, Empty fruit bunches (EFB)
- Complete end to end offering from feedstock processing till end product and wastewater treatment
- Process integration for optimization of energy & water consumption
- Wastewater management to meet Zero Process Liquid Discharge
- Operating cost at par with global competition
- Multi-product - The plant is designed to produce Bio-ethanol, Bio-gas with provision for set-up of Bio-CNG unit