| Pramod Chaudhari, Executive Chairman, Praj Industries Limited, Chairman, Praj Group
Pramod Chaudhari, is Executive Chairman of Praj Industries Ltd. Praj Group is global provider of end-to-end Technology and Engineering solutions for Bio-Energy, Bio-Chemical and Bio-Pharma industry.
As a first generation techno-entrepreneur, he founded Praj in 1983. He dreamt and developed Praj into a world-class engineering company specialized in Agri-processing opportunities.
With strong belief in principle of triple bottom-line, his business model is inherently scalable, replicable and sustainable. Praj fostered the emergence of advanced technologies in certain Bio-Energy and allied space. As India’s biggest Biofuel Technology company, Praj has in excess of 750 footprints in over 75 countries, across five continents.
Deeply passionate about environment, Pramod is committed to develop clean and green technologies. As a champion of the powerful premise that 'Innovation and Entrepreneurship can change the world for better', he has been a tireless crusader in propagating spirit of entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship.
Pramod is a ‘Distinguished Alumnus of IIT Bombay (1971)’ and an alumnus of Harvard Business School (AMP 1995).
Pramod has been associated with many eminent organizations holding responsible positions from time to time.
- President of Maharatta Chamber of Commerce, Industries & Agriculture (MCCIA) Pune for 2016-18.
- President of Science & Technology Innovation Park Pune for 2016-18.
- Chairman of National Committee on Bio-Energy (including Biofuels and Renewable Energy) since 2007-08 till now, at Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
- Member of World Council on Industrial Biotechnology (WCIB) promoted by WEF and BIO.
- In addition to above, he is :
- Member of the Board of Entrepreneurship Development Center at NCL, Pune
- Member of Governing Board of SINE (Society for Innovation and Entrepreneurship) at IIT Bombay
- Founder Trustee of Pune International Center (PIC)
- Founder Member of Indian Federation of Green Energy (GREENFED)
- Founder Member of Inter Institutional Inclusive Innovations Center (i4c)
- Member on the Advisory Boards of reputed academic institutes of Engineering, Technology and Management, strongly promoting Industry – Academia interaction, leading to Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Pramod authored a book ‘As Is what Is’, a story of the journey of Praj.
- He has been profiled in the books— 'Thought Leaders', ‘Path Breakers’ and ‘Khare Khure (True) Idols’ by leading publishing houses. These books focus on visionary entrepreneurs.
- He has been actively contributing on various Climate Change forums.
Pramod has received many awards for entrepreneurship and excellence, some of which are:
- The ‘Distinguished Alumnus Award’ by IIT, Bombay.
- Voted amongst ‘Globally Top 100 People’ in BioEnergy space by Biofuels Digest.
- ‘BioSpectrum Leadership Award’ for his remarkable work in promoting the cause of Biofuels in the past three decades
- ‘Empresario Most Inspiring Entrepreneur Award’ by National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai
- ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ by Sugar Technologists’ Association of India
- ‘Maxell (Maharashtra Corporate Excellence) Life Time Achievement Award’ by Maxell Foundation, Mumbai
- ‘Life Time Achievement Award’ by Army Institute of Technology, Pune
- ‘National Level Entrepreneurship Award’ by Jagatik Marathi Chamber of Commerce.
- ‘Outstanding Contribution through Innovation Award’ by Chemtech Foundation for leading Praj into developing innovative technologies.
- ‘Distinguished Service Award 2015’ by IIT, Bombay.
- ‘Arya Chanakya Maharashtra Rajya Udyojak Shreshtha Puraskar 2016’ (for best practice of Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility) by MAEER’s MIT School of Government, Pune
| Mr. Sachin Raole
Mr. Sachin Raole is a CFO & Director - Finance & Commercial at Praj. He is a Cost Accountant and Chartered Accountant with twenty two years of experience in varied fields of finance and accounts. He has worked in the areas of divestment, mergers & acquisitions, financial restructuring, treasury, accounts and taxation. He has very rich experience in the wide spectrum of finance across industries; manufacturing, project, financial services and pharmaceutical. Additionally he also has an experience in heading Human Resources, materials, IT, legal & secretarial.
|Mr. Berjis Desai
Mr. Berjis Desai is a law graduate from the Mumbai University and a post-graduate in law from Cambridge University, U.K.
Berjis works as an independent consultant. He has worked as Managing Partner of J. Sagar Associates, a national law firm having offices in Mumbai, Delhi, Gurgaon, Bangalore and Hyderabad. He specializes in mergers and acquisitions, derivatives, corporate and financial laws and international commercial arbitration. Berjis has been on the Board of Praj since 1993.
Some of the other listed companies in which Berjis is a Director are Sterlite Industries (India) Limited, The Great Eastern Shipping Company Limited, Edelweiss Capital Limited and Adani Power Limited.
|Mr. Daljit Mirchandani
Born in Karachi, Daljit Mirchandani graduated in Electrical Engineering from the Birla Institute of Technology.
His professional career began as a Graduate Trainee Engineer with the Kirloskar Group of Companies . Over a period of 28 years with the Kirloskar Group , his experience covered functional and leadership roles in different businesses . In 1992, he was appointed Executive Director of Kirloskar Oil Engines. Between 1992 and 1997 he set up and established the first-of-its- kind, Pig Iron plant.
In 1998, he joined Ingersoll-Rand India as the Chairman and Managing Director. During the tenure at Ingersoll Rand India till 2008 ,when he retire, besides establishing a leading position for all the businesses , he set up the first Global Engineering Center in Bangalore.
He has been the Chairman of the Karnataka State Council of CII. He has also served as the Chairman of the National Task Force formed by the Ministry of Agriculture, to examine and recommend policy interventions and set technical standards for the formation of the Cold Chain Infrastructure in India for Fresh Fruits and Vegetables.
At present he is on the Statutory and Advisory Boards of various Indian and MNC companies in the field of bio fuels, water treatment , infrastructure development, infrastructure finance , auto components and energy management.
In 2012 he entered the Social Sector by setting up a Foundation to partner with the Government of Maharashtra for innovating a sustainable and replicable model that would improve the Enrollment , Retention and Quality of Learning in Zilla Parishad Schools in Maharashtra .
|Mr. Kishor Chaukar
Kishor Chaukar is a post-graduate in Management from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad. He retired as the Managing Director of Tata Industries Limited in August 2012.
He is on the Boards of several Tata companies like Tata Teleservices Limited, Tata communications Limited, Tata AIA Life Insurance Company Limited, Tata Trustee Company Limited, Tata Auto-comp Systems Limited, Tata Investment Corporation Limited, among others. He also oversees the function of the Department of Economics & Statistics (DES) at the Tata Group. He chairs the Tata Council for Community Initiatives (TCCI) - the nodal agency of the Tata Group on all matters related to social development, environmental management, bio-diversity restoration and conservation of wild life. Apart from that, he is also a member of the Board of several national and international organizations in the Corporate Sustainability and Human Rights space including Shell Foundation.
Before joining TIL, he was Managing Director of ICICI Securities & Finance Company Ltd. He began his career with Bharatiya Agro Industries Foundation, an NGO.
|Mrs. Parimal Chaudhari
A Director on the Board of Praj, Parimal Chaudhari is also the Managing Trustee of Praj Foundation. She steers the CSR wing of the company.
She is a communication consultant and a journalist by training. She has taught at the Department of Communications and Journalism at the Pune University for six years.
As a recipient of Fulbright Fellowship, she has acquired her MS at Syracuse University, New York, USA. She holds a Bachelors Degree in Arts with majoring in English, followed by a Post Graduate Degree in Journalism and Communications.
She was also awarded the Rotary fellowship for group study exchange program to study media institutions in Austria, Germany and erstwhile Czechoslovakia. She has completed core courses in creative writing at Cambridge University, at Cambridge, UK.
|Mr. Prakash Kulkarni
Prakash Kulkarni, is a Graduate Engineer from VJTI and an alumni of Harvard Business School.
Prakash Kulkarni was superannuated from Thermax Limited after a stint of 35 years. Prior to his retirement, he held the position of Managing Director for over 18 years. He also serves on the Board of Sulzer India.
He brings with him vast experience in capital goods industry. He has spearheaded turnaround and growth strategies, proven by his track record with Thermax where he grew the business from Rs. 500 crores to Rs. 2400 crores. He has extensive experience in the energy and environment sector. He combines technical knowledge with business acumen.
He is expected to provide guidance on various aspects of the Company’s operations and growth strategies.
|Mr. Rajiv Maliwal
Rajiv Maliwal is Co-founder and Manging Director of Sabre Capital. He is an IIM and BITS Pilani Alumni with vast experience in investing and managing large businesses in financial service industry. Mr. Maliwal is currently the Chairman of the Spring Healthcare Fund, a Sabre Capital initiative in the healthcare services industry and serves on the boards of several portfolio companies. He is actively associated with two charitable organizations in India.
|Mr. Sivaramakrishnan S. Iyer
Mr.Sivaramakrishnan S Iyer is a qualified Chartered Accountant. He is a partner of Patel Rajeev Siva & Associates which specializes in corporate finance and advises companies on debt / equity fund raising, mergers / amalgamations, capital structuring for new / expansion projects etc. The firm also carries out due diligence work for various companies.